Many individuals have tried to explain love all through historical past, and though we can’t bodily see love, we are able to really feel it permeate our whole being and seal the cracks of our souls as soon as once more.
No matter your stance on love, we’ve got discovered some love quotes by well-known authors, poets, and philosophers who’ve written so poignantly concerning the topic that your coronary heart will beat sooner simply by studying them.
“Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Here are 15 love quotes that may make your coronary heart skip a beat:
1. “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
3. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful.
Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life…” – Elizabeth Gilbert
4. “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” – C.S. Lewis
5. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – Bible, New International Version
6. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” – John Lennon
7. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
8. “Love is a promise; love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.” – John Lennon
9. “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
10. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
11. “In the flush of love’s light, we dare be brave. And suddenly we see that love costs all we are, and will ever be. Yet it is only love which sets us free.”- Maya Angelou
12. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
13. “Without love, our earth is a tomb.” – Robert Browning
14. “In my isolation, I dreamt of power. My daydreams and fantasies were all about how I could win, how I could be number one, how I could have my cake and eat it too. When those dreams were fulfilled, I felt nothing. The love-sized hole within me grew larger and larger as I died by my own hand, by my own mind. During my transformation, I found what I needed to fill the hole. I found peace, joy, and connection. To power, I waved goodbye.
I thought that being a loving, spiritual being meant sacrificing that triumph-hungry drive within. For much too long, I ignored these urges, believing them to be the opposite of love while I cycled in and out of love awareness. The day that my love mindset became a permanent state of mind was the day I realised that love is not the opposite of power. Love is power. Love is the strongest power there is.” – Vironika Tugaleva
15. “Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.” – Jim Morrison
Final Thoughts on These Love Quotes
These lovely love quotes will make your coronary heart skip a beat. Which did one most impressed you?