Entrepreneurship is not always easy. Sometimes you feel like giving up. At times, you will feel stuck and underdeveloped. In these cases, inspirational quotes from successful entrepreneurs can help you keep going.
Entrepreneurship takes a lot of work. You won’t see results every day. But investing time and effort is still essential if you want to see long-term success in life.
As an entrepreneur, you don’t have a boss. You are the business owner and your boss. You need to stay motivated to get everything. Sometimes you feel like giving in to laziness, but these quotes can help you keep going.
These inspirational quotes from successful business leaders can make all the difference whenever you need inspiration. These quotes can encourage you to get through the tough times and act as a pick-me-up in times of discouragement.
Fifteen inspirational quotes from successful entrepreneurs
Every entrepreneur hits a rough patch where things don’t go as planned. There will be bad days and days when you want to give up or sleep instead of working.
These quotes from successful entrepreneurs can offer the motivation you need to get back on track.
1. “If you really go all in, you go all in. Keep trying. If your original idea isn’t working, use what you’ve built to pivot into something else. Keep trying to find a solution to people’s problems.” – Jan Koum
When you decide to become an entrepreneur and set goals for yourself, you will all achieve those goals. Don’t spare your skills because you have to try every day.
Maybe your first idea won’t work, but that doesn’t mean your next one won’t. Don’t stop coming up with new ideas and plans. If you can solve people’s problems, your business will succeed.
2. “You really have to love every single bit of what you do. The moment that you do something that makes you feel queasy to your stomach, the company dies.” – Matt Mullenweg
Entrepreneurs, love what you do, Mullenweg explains. Otherwise, you won’t have any motivation or drive if you dread your daily plans. Stop it if you don’t want to do it anymore.
3. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
This quote is a reminder that what you do today affects your future long-term performance. If you want your goals to flourish and grow for the future, you must nurture them daily. If you remember this quote, don’t forget to do things that you won’t see immediate results.
4. “When a business becomes successful seemingly overnight, no one knows about all the months and years you’ve invested, all the projects you’ve tried before that didn’t work.” – Niklas Zennstrom
Overnight success is not an accurate description of the experience. A successful business requires years, energy, and investments.
It also includes starting over when your plans don’t work and using failures as building opportunities for the next project.
5. “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant, and the success will naturally follow.” – Oprah Winfrey
There are many stepping stones on the road to success. Instead of focusing on success, try to be necessary. Positive results are achieved when people know you and trust your name.
6. “The person passionate about what he or she is doing will outwork and outlast the guy motivated solely by making money.” – Reid Hoffman
While earning money is necessary to cover expenses and needs, it shouldn’t be your entire job. As Hoffman explains, a passionate person will do better than a money chaser. When you need motivation, use this quote as a reminder to focus on your passions, and the rest will fall into place.
7. “If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working for someone that does.” – Unknown
Don’t think your dreams won’t come true because they will happen for someone. Instead of missing out, focus on your biggest goals. You can do it yourself, or it will work for someone with motivation and drive.
Those who focus and strive toward their goals will succeed. You can control your life and income, or you will become an employee following orders.
8. “As soon as something stops being fun, I think it’s time to move on. Life is too short to be unhappy. Waking up stressed and miserable is not a good way to live.” – Richard Branson
As an entrepreneur, you need to know when you’re not working. Your career and dreams should be fun and bring joy. If not, it’s time to move on. If you control your business, you can successfully make the shift to find happiness in your career.
9. “The power of positive thinking is the ability to generate a feeling of certainty in yourself when nothing in the environment supports you.” – Tony Robbins
You have to be confident when things are tough. Banish negative thoughts and replace them with positivity and confidence. When you believe in yourself, it doesn’t matter if anyone or anything else doesn’t.
10. “Failure is awesome. Failure means you tried something. You tested it, and you learned some things. Failure gives you the tools to move forward.” – Leah Busque
Remember this quote; you may get discouraged if things don’t work out. Failure means you’ve learned something. As a result, it allows you to move forward with more knowledge. So please don’t give up now because you are closer to success.
11. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
Past failures can make you feel like you can’t achieve your dreams. Every time you progress, it will seem like challenges and bumps in the road. But this quote reminds you that every failure is a learning opportunity.
You develop a growth mindset by viewing these experiences as learning opportunities. As an entrepreneur, having a growth mindset is a must for continued success. It expands your knowledge and helps you become more resilient.
12. “We think mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of the time we put in at work, instead of the quality of the time we put in.” – Arianna Huffington
If you enjoy your work, you can finish more in less time. Focusing on what you’re working on without distraction or frustration allows it to happen more quickly. Don’t be afraid to step away and take a break sometimes because it will help you come back stronger than before.
13. “I didn’t have a business degree. I didn’t have experience to work in somebody else’s office, I never built or ran a department. So I was on this journey, and when the time came to make a decision, I was just going with my gut.” – Hamdi Ulukaya
You don’t have to have all the tools that everyone else has. Building a successful business requires learning along the way and trusting your decisions. Work to become a successful entrepreneur using what you currently have.
14. “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” – C.J. Walker
No one else will succeed you. You must get out there and chase your dreams or miss opportunities.
Get out there and do whatever it takes to build the life you’ve always dreamed of. Sitting at home and making excuses will do no good. This will only set you back further. Because you are in control of your life, it is up to you to ensure success.
15. “Too many people measure how successful they are by how much money they make or the people that they associate with. In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.” – Richard Branson
Many people believe that more money means more success in life. But this is not a reliable practice. So maybe you should follow Branson’s advice and measure success by happiness.
What is more important is to live a happy and fulfilling life. If you prioritize money, you force yourself to deprive yourself of meaningful experiences. You can focus on joy and prosperity as long as you have everything you need.
Latest thoughts on inspirational quotes from successful entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, you will sometimes experience a lack of motivation, frustration, and other negative feelings. There will be times when you will want to give up on essential tasks or give up work.
But these quotes from successful entrepreneurs can give you the inspiration you need to keep going. Successful business leaders are not lucky. This does not happen by chance.
Of course, this requires dedication, hard work, and perseverance. You also need to believe in yourself and remember that you can do anything you set your mind to.