15 Mantras That Help You Stay Calm Through Chaos
We live in turbulent and confusing times. Climate change disasters are sweeping the globe, and the coronavirus has made so many of us question the unknown future. Uncertainty about life can make us feel disconnected, anxious, and fearful.
To overcome these feelings, mental health professionals suggest focusing on self-empowering activities such as journaling, exercising, and practicing mindfulness. One tool that helps me stay sane is repeating mantras – specific words or affirmations that can be used to aid meditation – out loud every day.
Mantras are often used interchangeably with affirmations. They focus on positive thinking and improving well-being. Repeated assertions encourage you to focus, think, and do the best things for your life.
Repeating it consistently is the best way to use a mantra because it helps your mind accept it as truth. Telling yourself that you are calm can help you achieve this state of mind. As you repeat them, you will gain strength and energy and accept what you deserve in your life.
While you can’t prevent all the chaos, you can control your reactions during the experience. These mantras can help you make the best decisions for yourself amid chaos. As you read the affirmations, write down what resonates within.
Choosing the right ones for you will help you make suitable changes. You can use the same affirmations daily or change them at any time. These mantras will help you refocus on the essential things in life while resisting the chaos around you.
Fifteen Mantras to Help You Stay Calm Through Chaos
1. I am safe right now, and everything will be okay.
When the world around you seems to be in darkness, remind yourself that you are okay. In confused moments, disturbing thoughts may come to you as if something harmful will happen. Remembering that you are okay can help you stay calm and get through it all.
2. I deserve love and give myself the attention I need.
When life gets crazy, it’s easy to think you don’t deserve love and attention. But you deserve all the good things in life. You don’t have to wait for someone to give it to you.
Focus on what you love. You will feel your worries light and your self-worth increase.
3. I am relaxed and calm no matter what occurs around me.
Telling yourself that you are calm can help you rest with the power of self-belief. Your mind believes your words, so repeating this mantra can help. The more relaxed and calm you tell yourself, the better you will feel.
2. I listen to my feelings.
You may be feeling a myriad of emotions lately, and that’s okay. Your feelings are instincts, and they will always tell you the truth. It can be challenging to face the reality of the moment but know that your feelings are trying to help you heal and heal.
Your senses are emotional guidance systems that can help reduce anxiety. Let yourself feel and listen to what is coming instead of pushing it back.
5. I know that my worries are temporary.
Difficult times and anxious moments do not last forever. When chaos seems to be taking over your life, use this affirmation to remind yourself that it’s only temporary. Negative feelings will not last forever. Reminding yourself can make good times come sooner.
6. I am at peace with my life and the world around me.
Being at peace with your life can help you cope with external chaos. You are telling yourself that being at peace limits stress’s effects. Confidence will allow you to have an easier time staying calm and letting challenges pass.
7. Gratitude is the life force of everything.
We can often look outside of ourselves and see someone else who seems happier, more fulfilled, more successful, or healthier, and when we focus on them, we forget to be grateful for what is going well in our lives. Shifting your focus from jealousy or frustration to gratitude can help you see all the blessings in your life.
8. I am calm and centered in every situation.
Tell yourself that you are calm and centered. You will feel more in control of the situation. Don’t let difficulties and chaos destroy your well-being.
Use this affirmation every morning to prepare yourself for the unexpected. You can also use it throughout the day when the chaos overlaps.
9. I am releasing my negative thoughts and replacing them with positivity.
Negative thoughts can send you into a chaotic spiral, making you question everything about yourself. This mantra helps you release negativity and focus on the good things in your life. You’ll find yourself talking more positively and won’t resort to negative thoughts as often as you used to.
10. I am focusing on being the best version of myself.
When chaos occurs around you, you can forget to focus on who you are—behaving in a way that is not like you makes the situation worse.
Instead of giving in to the chaos, use this affirmation to focus your best. This will help you stay calm and increase your sense of self-worth.
11. I am overcoming my fears and living courageously.
Don’t let fear hold you back, even if you feel like you can never do something. Instead, turn to this mantra to guide you forward and help you overcome your fears.
It will help you tackle new challenges and opportunities while opening you up to many experiences. It may seem confusing at the time, but once you convince yourself that you can overcome your fears, you’ll be glad you overcame them.
12. I am setting and enforcing boundaries that allow me to feel comfortable.
Setting boundaries allows you to regain control of your life when things seem crazy. You can set boundaries that make you comfortable. It is allowed to execute them if necessary. Using this mantra helps you remember that boundaries are okay and that it’s not okay for anyone to cross them.
13. I release tension when I feel stressed.
If your coping mechanism is not healthy, then you will need to find a new way to deal with the chaos. This mantra helps you to remember that needing or doing something harmful will not help your situation.
Instead, de-stressing and focusing your mind can make all the difference. Use this affirmation daily if you struggle with pent-up anxiety or work with harmful methods.
14. I feel my mind slowing down and relaxing.
This mantra can help you focus your mind as you start your day. It can also help calm your mind before drifting off to sleep. Either way, repeat it until your body feels relaxed.
You may want to focus on your breathing as you repeat this mantra. Or, depending on your mindset, you can use it. It is helpful in many situations and helps you stay calm no matter what is happening around you.
15. I will look for the positive aspects of all experiences.
When you look for the good in all situations, chaos won’t affect you as much. Even the most challenging problems have positive sides. So please don’t make a conscious effort to identify them. When you look for the positives, you can rest easy knowing there is hope.
You can use this affirmation anytime, but it’s beneficial if you know you have a challenging experience. It’s also helpful to repeat while getting ready in the morning to remember to look for positivity.
Besides mantras, try these seven ways to stay calm in the chaos
These mantras can help you stay calm, but there are other things you can try. Use your affirmations every day and try other helpful techniques along with it.
- Identify your triggers. When you identify moments that trigger stress, you can find ways to calm yourself down. Think about how you feel in these moments. Once you’ve placed your triggers, you can think about ways to avoid or respond differently to those triggers. If you have a plan, you’ll feel in control. It will allow you to remain calm during chaos.
- Be active. When stress and chaos take over your life, staying active can help you stay calm. Exercise is good because it releases endorphins, which help you feel good and relieve stress. It will reduce stress and pain while promoting euphoria.
- Practice deep breathing. When you’re anxious, breathing can quickly release negative feelings. Focus on taking long, deep, calming breaths until you feel calm.
- Focus on something else. You don’t have to focus on chaos all the time. Take some time to do something you enjoy or to occupy your mind. Walk away from things that bother you, so you have time to think and think.
- Get out. Fresh air can help you stay calm in stressful situations. If you start working, go outside to get some space. It will help calm down. A change of scenery can distract you.
- Eat something. A lack of nutrients can make stressful situations worse. So make sure you eat something. Even eating dark chocolate can help, as it improves brain health and reduces stress. Eat a meal, snack, or healthy drink to reduce stress levels and allow you to stay calm.
- Listen to music and dance. Listening to your favorite music can help you stay calm. It has a calming effect, allowing you to relax your mind. Studies show that dancing can help reduce anxiety as well as relieve depression and anxiety.
Final thoughts on Mantras to help you stay calm through the chaos
These mantras can help you stay clear from chaos, even when nothing else can protect you. Use these affirmations when you wake up in the morning, throughout the day, or before bed.
Using them in the morning can help you focus on positivity throughout the day. Reading them throughout the day will help you keep going without giving in to the chaos.
Please write down the mantras that resonate within so you can chant them when needed. It can make all the difference in your life and help you see the positive in difficult times.