During summer season, all of us battle with itchy, uncomfortable greasy hair in some unspecified time in the future or the opposite. This year we’re going via a large heatwave and it’s including to our hair woes. Greasy hair just isn’t solely very uncomfortable, however it typically offers strategy to dandruff, flaky scalp, tough hair, and quite a lot of filth accumulation on the scalp.
Before on the lookout for methods to deal with dandruff and oily hair, let’s know what causes it within the first place. Don’t lose your thoughts to deal with dandruff, and use the following tips. For this, we obtained in contact with Radhika Iyer, a yogini and an Ayurveda knowledgeable.
What causes dandruff and greasy hair in summer season?
Now, there are quite a lot of causes you will get greasy hair and dandruff. Some of them are
- A nasty diet
- Unwashed hair for a protracted period of time
- Under or over-brushing
- External parts just like the local weather you live in and air pollution
When there are such a lot of causes to this, how can we reset and ultimately, eliminate greasy hair and deal with dandruff? Before we dig into the Indic Ritual to rejuvenate your hair, listed here are 3 things Iyer recommends:
- Drink quite a lot of water all through the day. Seriously, do it.
- Eat seasonal vegatables and fruits. Eat native, eat seasonal and your skin and hair will flourish.
- Switch to all natural merchandise.
- Apart from this, one might observe this Indic ritual for a clear, dandruff-free scalp. Do the ritual as soon as each week. (Twice, for those who can, throughout summers).
Here’s a step-by-step Indic ritual to deal with dandruff and stop greasy hair:
Step 1: Apply a scalp scrub
The scalp is commonly uncared for after we handle our hair health. While shampoos do clear your scalp a bit, it doesn’t give it the deep clear it requires to deal with dandruff and accrued grime. Multani Mitti can be utilized as a natural hair cleanser for greasy hair. You should purchase an all natural scalp scrub, or you can also make one at dwelling. Here is an easy DIY scalp scrub recipe:
Fresh aloe vera
- Add 2 spoons of multani mitti to a bowl, together with one spoon of refined sugar.
- Add contemporary aloe vera to the bowl and blend.
- Once you kind a thick paste, add 1/2 spoon of rose water to make a fair, lighter paste.
- Apply it to the scalp by partitioning hair and carry on for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Apply oil
“That’s right! I’m telling you to apply oil to greasy hair. Applying oil to the scalp does not add to its greasiness, it absorbs the dirt and dandruff from your scalp. If your hair is naturally very oily, apply less oil, but apply it nonetheless. I would recommend a natural and organic aloe vera oil. After you apply oil, leave it on for 20 minutes,” says Iyer, who can be the founding father of Anahata Organics and Raa Foundation.
Step 3: Wash hair with neem water
Neem is a wonderful disinfectant and a therapeutic plant. Boil neem leaves in water, cool it down after which use that water in your hair wash. Start washing your hair with regular water and shampoo. Do your routine. At the tip, pour neem water over your scalp and end your bathe. Neem is the final word ingredient you want for lustrous hair.
Step 4: Apply dhoop smoke to your hair
According to Iyer, “Dhoop is an excellent purifier. Organic and natural dhoop (made with cow dung base) is excellent for hair health. The herbs in natural dhoop have antimicrobials, they keep the scalp clean and fragrant. Once again, be very careful what type of dhoop you use. Only natural and organic dhoop is safe to use and that’s what I recommend.”
Try out this ritual to eliminate greasy hair and dandruff. Remember, rituals are to be repeated and achieved persistently. That is when you will notice the most effective outcomes. Ladies, consider this course of as a chance to decelerate and spend time on your self, taking good care of your body, thoughts and health.