Aren’t we all the time looking out for healthy breakfast choices? If your answer is sure, you might also agree that poha – or flattened rice – is among the hottest and healthy desi breakfast. It is not only filling on your abdomen but in addition tasty for the style buds. Nutritionists have vouched for its qualities as an easy-to-digest, tasty and nutritious food for the diet.
Poha is beloved for its versatility, however it’s usually eaten as a dish tempered with spices and crunchy peanuts. People make Kanda poha, Vegetable poha, Curd poha and extra. Let’s learn to make poha in its traditional means. It’s fast and filling! Poha is usually a useful element of your weight loss diet.
How to make poha
2-3 cups poha
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp peanut, canola, or vegetable oil
1-2 inexperienced chilies, extra for those who want spicier food
1 onion (small cube)
1 cup potato, diced
3/4 tsp turmeric
4 curry leaves
A few peanuts (might substitute with cashews)
Poha must be rinsed with water and left to soak for 3 to 4 minutes. Poha is ready when it may be softly crushed between your fingers. It doesn’t should be soaked for a really lengthy period. When you soak the poha for too lengthy, it is going to be delicate while you cook dinner it.
1. Leave the poha soaked for 1 to 2 minutes and pressure it.
2. Warm a pan (Use non-stick pan or greased pan).
Heat 1.5 tablespoon of oil.
3. On low to medium flame, cook dinner the peanuts in scorching oil till they get crispy. Remove and put aside.
4. Add a teaspoon of mustard seeds and some curry leaves to the identical quantity of oil and allow them to sputter.
5. After that, add the finely chopped onions, potato and cook dinner them till they’re clear.
6. Stir within the ginger and inexperienced chilies, then cook dinner them for a bit period of time. You also can add curry leaves at this stage.
7. Add the soaked poha and stir fastidiously to stop it from getting mushy.
8. Add salt, red chilli, turmeric and different spices in accordance with your style.
9. Cook it for 1-2 minutes with a cover on.
10. Turn off the flame and go away the poha coated for a minute or two.
11. Take off the lid and gently stir within the fried peanuts, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, and 1/2 lemon.
Your Poha is lastly ready for serving. You might prime it with chopped uncooked onion, namkeen or freshly shredded coconut as a garnish. Now, take pleasure in your poha!.
Tips to make poha
- When making this dish, all the time use medium-thick poha since skinny poha softens extra rapidly while you add water.
- To rinse them, use a strainer. Do not over-rinse the poha.
- Adding recent chopped coriander provides freshness in addition to an excellent flavour to the dish.
- This recipe could also be enhanced by including greens such inexperienced peas, finely chopped cabbage, chopped cauliflower, carrot, french beans, and tomatoes. Any vegetable of your selection could also be included on this dish.
- Sev namkeen, uncooked chopped onion, or freshly grated coconut are typical toppings or garnishes with poha. Even with only some drops of lemon juice, it’s actually great.
Benefits of eating poha
- High ranges of fibre in poha or flattened rice can decelerate the absorption of glucose within the blood.
- It is wealthy in iron and is simple to digest.
- As a lightweight breakfast which gives satiety, it may promote weight loss.
- Poha additionally has vitamins that enhance your metabolism.