How to Make Blueberry Raspberry Crumble Bars
Blueberry raspberry crumble bars make the proper refreshing summer season deal with. While they’re a dessert, in fact, they’re gentle and ethereal sufficient to take pleasure in guilt-free! This recipe will make sufficient for a household, however we received’t decide when you resolve to eat the entire pan. These delicious crumble bars have the proper ratio of sweetness and tartness, taking your style buds on an thrilling culinary journey.
You most likely have a whole lot of the essential baking substances stuffed away in your cabinets someplace. If not, it simply takes a fast journey to the shop to collect what you’ll want. So, let’s get to the great things! We’ll share our secret on making the very best blueberry raspberry crumble bars you’ll ever style.
How to Make Blueberry Raspberry Crumble Bars
Kitchen devices you’ll want:
- Large mixing bowl (as common)
- Smaller bowl
- Large spoon
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large cooking pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Aluminum foil
- Rolling pin or espresso mug
Ingredients for backside and high crumble layer:
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
Ingredients for blueberry raspberry filling:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 7/12 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Fresh raspberries and blueberries
Directions for making the crumble layers:
- You know the drill for these recipes by now, right? We thought so! Have your large mixing bowl handy. Pour in the oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Whisk the ingredients until fully combined. Next, pour in the coconut oil and vanilla, using the large spoon to blend them into the oats.
- Once they’re thoroughly combined, use your hand to mix the ingredients further. The texture should resemble crumbly oats.
- Now, grab your baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Pour 2/3 of the mixture onto the pan, and save the rest for later.
- Use your hand to spread the mixture evenly across the pan, pressing down firmly along the edges. Next, use a coffee mug or rolling pin to roll the oats. This ensures they’ll bake evenly and won’t fall apart on you.
Directions for making the blueberry and raspberry fillings:
- Set that aside and get out your cooking pot. Pour in the frozen raspberries and turn the heat on medium-low. Stir occasionally.
- Once they come to a slight boil, pour 1/4 of the brown sugar and mix it in.
- Next, mix in 2 tbsp of the lemon juice. When the raspberries have cooked down to a sauce-like, slightly chunky texture, remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, pour in your frozen blueberries. Mix in the remaining 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and corn starch. Use a small spoon to blend the ingredients, mashing down the blueberries in the process.
Putting it all together:
- So, now that you have your two fillings for the blueberry raspberry crumble bars cut down the middle of the crumble layer with your knife.
- Next, take a piece of aluminum foil and fold it up lengthwise. Use this to separate the blueberry and raspberry fillings where you made the cut down the middle.
- Now, spoon the raspberry filling onto one side of the pan. Take a container of fresh raspberries and place them uniformly throughout the filling. This will add some texture to the crumble bars.
- Repeat this step with the blueberry filling on the other side. Place fresh blueberries on top of the filling, about three per row. If you want to be exact, we used about 18 blueberries total.
- Finally, sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on both the raspberry and blueberry fillings. Pat it down with your hand, then bake the crumble bars at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Now, remove the parchment paper and aluminum foil. Cut the bars lengthwise on each side, then make three cuts widthwise. You should end up with 8 crumble bars of each filling.
We hope you enjoy these delectable crumble bars! They’re gooey, crunchy, sweet, and tart at the same time, giving them the perfect texture and flavor.
A few more tips:
To ensure your bars turn out amazing, here are a few extra pro tips we gathered alongside the best way:
- Want an additional crunchy crust and topping? Add about 1/2-1 cup of butter to the recipe! You’ll need to ensure it’s softened first, so it’s simpler to combine in. Not solely will the addition of the butter present extra texture, however it should additionally give the crumble bars a richer taste as nicely.
- If you’re an enormous berry fan, be happy to add different kinds of berries like blackberries or strawberries!
- Chill the bars for half-hour to an hour earlier than slicing them. It will make the slices a lot cleaner and simpler to reduce.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on high! (You may eat them for breakfast since they’ve fruit, however you might have considered trying to opt-out of the ice cream on this case).
- Freeze or retailer within the fridge in case you have leftovers. Keep in thoughts that the crumbly texture received’t maintain as nicely within the freezer. However, the crumble bars will nonetheless style superb!
Final ideas on these amazingly scrumptious blueberry raspberry crumble bars.
If you’re drooling after studying this recipe, we don’t blame you. Maybe it gives you extra motivation to get into the kitchen and begin baking! It doesn’t appear all that interesting to stand over a sizzling oven on sizzling summer season days. However, these bars will assist cool you off with the refreshing berry layer, so it’s completely well worth the effort, in our opinion.
Many variations of crumble bars exist, however there’s none fairly as revitalizing as these berry crumble bars. Desserts get a nasty rap today as a result of they’re normally heavy and filling, however this recipe is simply the alternative. Ready to attempt them out for your self? We thought so!