Long and voluminous strands of Hair blowing in the wind look like nothing more than the opening scene from a Bollywood movie. Straight, gorgeous Hair changes our personality and gives us a sophisticated look.
At the same time, unkempt Hair and curly locks are a huge problem. We contacted three hair experts to add volume to your mane and grow beautiful, shiny Hair. With their expert advice, you can plan to reverse hair damage and fix hair texture.
We spoke with Dr. Ashini Bhatt, Hair Expert, Kaya, CG Road, Ahmedabad, who listed five golden rules you can follow to tame your tresses.
5 Rules to get voluminous Hair and reverse the damage:
1. Strive for a healthy scalp
Dandruff, oily scalp, and dry and itchy scalp can be one of the leading causes of an unhealthy scalp that reduces the potential for healthy Hair.
2. Right products
An intelligent choice of shampoos and products can make a big difference. For example, curly Hair needs a lot of moisture, while straight Hair needs very little water to optimize its appearance.
3. Right style
Cool styling is trending these days, but if you’re styling your Hair with heat, use a heat protectant spray and try less dangerous methods.
4. Hot water
Do not use hot water to wash your Hair to retain natural oils and moisture. It can also damage the hair cuticle and make it frizzier.
5. Chemical treatment
Frequent waving, straightening, and coloring can damage your Hair and make it brittle and dull. Ladies, if you want voluminous Hair, avoid hot styling.
Dr. Kaustav Guha, director of research and development at SkinKraft Labs, gave some advice based on his deep knowledge of hair health:
“The hair fiber consists of three morphological layers: cuticle, cortex, and core. While the medulla forms the innermost part of the hair shaft, the cortex forms the middle layer to which the mechanical properties of the Hair are attributed. And the cuticle is the outermost layer that acts as a protective barrier to the cortex from environmental influences,” says Dr. Guha.
Here are some ways to make your Hair voluminous and shiny:
- Any hair care regimen should aim to protect the integrity and strength of the cuticle and cortex of the hair fiber to achieve the desired cosmetic properties.
- Various modern styling processes and hair care devices have been found to cause the cuticle to peel off, leading to breakage and split ends.
- In addition, chemicals used in straightening, bleaches, and dyes can cause allergic dermatitis, scarring alopecia, and chemical burns. Frequent passage of these processes can significantly worsen the condition of the Hair.
- Repeated shampooing removes the lipid substance from the Hair’s surface, which leads to damage. It is recommended to wash your Hair with shampoo no more than two or three times a week, with a follow-up balm.
- Regular oiling of the Hair has been found to have a protective effect on the Hair as the oils help keep the lipid bonds intact by penetrating the cuticle and cortex layers of the Hair. Over-shampooing can exacerbate hair loss.
We also got in touch with Vipin Sharma, Hair Expert, Product & Research Manager at Fixderma India Pvt Ltd., who listed 5 of his favorite hair care tips to get volumized Hair.
Sharma says: “Hair is a crown you never want to take off. And believe it or not, it is also one of the most vulnerable parts of our body. Every day he is exposed to pollution, harsh sunlight, weather changes, friction due to improper sleep, the effects of improper nutrition, and chemical treatments. But also, if you follow the basic maintenance tips, it’s the easiest asset to manage.”
Here are the five golden hair care rules you should always follow:
1. Get serious about conditioning
It depends on the nature of your scalp and hair type, but every Hair needs conditioning. It provides vitality and shines on your Hair. Choose preconditioning (hair mask, oil) or postconditioning (conditioner, serums), but never skip it.
2. Always keep your scalp clean
Keeping the scalp and Hair clean is essential to control hair loss and infection and maintain hair growth.
3. Maintain Internal Nutrition
Always follow a balanced diet to keep your Hair healthy. Protein sufficiency is very important for hair health. Take your supplements seriously. Your diet plays a vital role in the health of your Hair.
4. Less is more
This is true even in the case of hair care. Avoid excessive heat and chemical treatments to keep their curls.
5. Disguise is important
This applies not only to the face but also to the Hair. Make hair masks at least once every two weeks based on your concern and need for Hair.