Losing belly fat is difficult. Many people resort to surgery to get rid of this stubborn fat. But tummy tucks are not safe for everyone.
Luckily, some healthy ways to get rid of your belly fat. Here are ten belly melting tips that work better than a tummy tuck.
Why is belly fat harmful?
Studies show that women who carry excess fat around their middle are at risk of early death from heart disease and cancer. But why is it so hard to lose your stubborn belly fat? Your abdominal fat cells are always busy making hormones.
These hormones upset your body’s natural hormonal balance by producing chemicals called cytokines. Cytokines increase your risk of heart disease. Your belly fat hormones change your body’s insulin levels and raise blood pressure.
Belly fat, called visceral fat, is also linked to high cholesterol because of its location. It raises your LDL, which is the bad cholesterol, lowers your HDL or good cholesterol, and makes you insulin resistant.
Being insulin resistant means your muscles and liver cells are not responding correctly to insulin. This raises your glucose levels, making you more prone to diabetes.
Are tummy tucks safe?
Like any major surgery, the tummy tuck has risks. Studies show that tummy tucks are not safe for people with heart, and lung problems, cirrhosis of the liver, or diabetes.
Also, if you smoke, doing a tummy tuck is not a good idea as smoking reduces proper blood flow to your abdominal area. There are potential side effects of tummy tuxes. it includes
- Ugly treatment
- Your skin becomes loose again
- Nerve problems
- Breathing or heart problems during surgery
Ways to melt your belly fat
Finding an alternative to surgery is always safer and can be equally effective. Here are ten belly fat melting tips to get rid of your belly fat safely.
1. Avoid sweets
Sweet foods like cookies, muffins, candy, frozen yogurt, flavored coffee, tea, and sugary sodas add extra weight to your stomach. Sugar is made up of part glucose and part fructose. Studies show that glucose and fructose have different effects on your health. It’s time to say goodbye to those love handles!
Many foods today contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup. The sugar in glucose and fructose and high-fructose corn syrup are broken down differently in your liver. High fructose corn syrup reduces the breakdown of food in your liver, while glucose protects it.
Scientists aren’t sure if sugar is safer for your health than high-fructose corn syrup, but they know that eating a diet high in fat and fructose has adverse effects on your health. You might be surprised how many foods are made from high fructose corn syrup. This option is mainly because high fructose corn syrup is less expensive.
Here is a short list of foods with high fructose corn syrup.
- Salad dressings
- Frozen foods
- Granola Bar
- Coffee creamer
- Processed oatmeal
- Deli meats
- Peanut butter
- Canned soup
2. Reduce your calories
You can’t spot-reduce to reduce your belly. But if you reduce your total calorie intake daily, you will also reduce belly fat. Don’t starve yourself, but cut down on carbs and try to eat more protein-rich foods.
Eat more protein to make you feel full. Some suggest that if you cut 100 calories from your diet for 365 days, you’ll lose 10 pounds.
3. Intermittent fasting
Studies have shown that intermittent fasting improves your overall health. It helps in reducing your chances of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and brain disorders. When you practice fasting, its main benefit is that it causes your body to change where it receives energy.
You’ll get your power from the glucose stored in your liver. It affects your cells and organ functions by improving overall glucose delivery and reducing your body’s stress and inflammation. Fasting can help you slim down while your metabolism is working optimally.
A popular method of intermittent fasting is fasting for 14 to 16 hours a day, from finishing dinner until lunch the next day. Then you eat for the next 8 to 10 hour period. During your fast, you can drink water, coffee, or seltzer with water or anything without sugar.
Of course, this fasting isn’t an excuse to eat junk food or go over your caloric intake. This won’t work, and you may gain weight. But intermittent fasting can increase your metabolism by anywhere from 5 to 15%.
4. Do HIIT exercise
HIIT training involves short bursts of aerobic exercise, typically lasting no more than 20 to 90 seconds. You take short breaks between HIIT exercises, but your body still burns calories. Over time, add extra seconds to your HIIT exercises. HIIT revs your metabolism to burn calories and belly fat.
5. Abdominal strengthening exercises
Of course, besides reducing calories, the best way to melt belly fat is to exercise to work your abdominal muscles. Crunches are a great exercise to burn fat in the abdominal region. Add oblique exercises to your crunches by doing this exercise.
- These include lying on your back, legs straight up and crossed. Keep your hands behind your head, slowly raise yourself, keep your shoulders back, and focus your attention on the ceiling.
- When you lift, lean sideways to one side, then lie back. This is one.
- Repeat, changing sides each time you fold. After you’ve done 25, switch your crossed legs so that the bottom portion is up.
You will feel a burning sensation in your stomach, thighs, and shoulders. In no time, your tummy will be better than any tummy tuck.
6. Increase your fiber and protein
Fibers are plant parts that your body cannot fully digest. It exits your body through your stomach and small intestines. There are two types of fiber: soluble and insoluble.
- Soluble fiber is gel-like. It lowers your blood cholesterol and glucose levels. You get soluble fiber from plant-based foods like oats, oranges, carrots, apples, and barley.
- Insoluble fiber moves digested foods through your body, making you more regular bowel movements. It helps you to avoid constipation. Whole wheat, nuts, green beans, potatoes, and cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli contain insoluble fiber.
A prestigious study has found that a diet high in fiber can boost your weight loss when trying to lose weight. In addition to eating lots of fiber to lose belly fat, include healthy proteins in your diet. Foods high in protein include the following:
- Lean meats such as chicken and fish
- Peanut butter
- Greek yogurt
Walking is a great way to slim down. It’s like a natural tummy tuck. Running at about three mph gives you a full-body workout, improves your metabolism, and increases your heart rate. Running has many benefits, and very little is needed to get started. Here are some benefits of brisk walking.
- It’s free
- You won’t need equipment, except a good pair of running shoes.
- You can walk anywhere – while traveling for work, on vacation, or just around your block.
- You can enjoy hanging out with others.
If you eat a healthy diet and walk briskly for at least 30 minutes a day, you will lose weight and lose inches in your hips, legs, waist, and abdomen.
8. Maintain your weight
Maintaining your weight for a long time reduces belly fat. Studies have found many factors contributing to your weight control, including your environment, family history, genetics, metabolism, and health habits.
You can’t control your genetics or family history, but you can activate your metabolism with exercise and eating a healthy diet. Once you reach your ideal weight, maintaining your weight is essential. Here are some tips on how to do it
- Learn what causes unhealthy eating habits and find ways to overcome them.
- Stick to your exercise routine. Exercise will help you maintain weight and stay mentally sharp. When you exercise, endorphins are released, which improve your mood. You will also have more energy when you exercise.
- Have a group of friends or family members who inspire you not to fall into bad eating habits.
- Be accountable to yourself. Keep a food journal to measure your eating habits. Don’t be fooled into thinking it’s okay to have an extra helping of pasta.
- Join a yoga class, jogging club, or another exercise group to stay motivated to stay healthy.
9. Eat healthy carbs
Choose whole-grain and complex carbs instead of simple carbs like white rice or white flour products with low fiber content. Complex carbs help your gut function optimally. Complex carbs include:
- Masur lentils
- Beans – black, pinto, kidney
- Whole wheat bread
- Sweet potatoes
10. Drink for a healthy stomach
Reduce your alcohol intake to reduce your belly fat. Also, avoid sugary juices or drinks that have high caffeine content. Instead, drink natural juices such as celery, pineapple, or carrot juice. Choose mint or ginger tea, hot or cold.
Drinking green tea, as it is extracted, and a concentrate of catechins and caffeine may be helpful for weight loss. One study found that drinking at least three teaspoons of vinegar daily can help you reduce your body weight.
Also, to reduce your belly fat. They’re safe, cost low, and you won’t experience adverse side effects.