From sleepless nights, rashes to lethal illnesses like malaria and dengue – mosquito bites may give you all this and extra. There are many choices that can be found within the market and certainly one of them is repellents.
Of course, for some, they work rather well however there are various who find yourself with pores and skin issues after using mosquito repellents.
But what makes these repellents so sturdy on your pores and skin? Well, it’s that one chemical that is utilised in them, and that’s DEET. DEET stands for N-diethyl-meta-toluamide which is a bug repellent. Usage of this in small portions shouldn’t be that problematic, however as per specialists and research, if that is utilised in massive portions, it will possibly result in pores and skin issues comparable to pores and skin irritation, blisters, and many others.
The most horrifying issue is that this chemical can be neurotoxic, which suggests it will possibly even have implications on the nervous system within the longer run. It can result in complications and even reminiscence loss, and all that is ratified by a examine printed within the Journal of toxicology.
Thinking of choosing different choices? Unfortunately, additionally they don’t have a really optimistic influence in your well being. Then, what’s subsequent? Well, we might recommend taking a holistic method. How’s that?
You all should have heard of essential oils and their well being and wellness-friendly properties. Out of all of the goodness, they’ve one other property that makes them good for you and on your pores and skin and that is – essential oils act as a pure mosquito repellent.
Dr Monica Kapoor, superstar cosmologist and director of FLAWLESS Cosmetic clinic & ILACAD Institute, tells us what all essential oils you’ll be able to use to shun mosquitoes away.
Dr Kapoor recommends these 6 essential oils to reduce mosquito bites
- Lavender oil – Lavender oil is obtained by distillation from the flower spikes of lavender. It has optimistic results as per aromatherapy. Its therapeutic properties assist to forestall and soothe insect bites and stings. The distinct lavender scent can be utilised as a mothball to maintain mosquitoes and bugs away. These therapeutic properties of lavender are appropriate in each stopping mosquitoes, and soothing insect bites and stings.
- Peppermint oil – Peppermint has advantages to repelling mosquitoes because the oil has a robust repellent motion in opposition to grownup mosquitoes when utilised to human pores and skin. When subtle, peppermint oil might help to maintain mosquitoes away and stop mosquito bites. The refreshing perfume of peppermint and its cooling sensation may present aid and ease itching from mosquito bites.
- Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. Its sturdy and distinctive scent incorporates terpenes that repel mosquitoes away from the pores and skin. It may soothe itchy bites from mosquitoes and bugs.
- Clary sage oil – “This oil has strong repellent properties, especially against the tiger mosquito. It helps to discourage mosquitoes from entering the home and prevent undesirable mosquito bites, by putting the oil into a diffuser. It has a particular fragrance, and mosquitoes are repelled to its smells,” suggests Dr Kapoor.
- Citronella oil – Citronella oil is obtained from the leaves and stems of various species of lemongrass. It is used as a pure insect repellent. Citronella oil is efficient in opposition to mosquitoes and different flying bugs. It could cause allergic reactions to those that have delicate pores and skin if used instantly on naked pores and skin.
- Rosemary oil – “Rosemary oil is obtained by steam distillation of the flowering tops of the plant. It is widely used as a culinary herb. However, rosemary oil has been shown to be an effective repellent. The herb should only be taken in small doses. Patients with high blood pressure should also avoid taking rosemary as a supplement,” recommends Dr Kapoor.
There you go women, now the ball is in your courtroom. So what would you want to select – mosquito repellent or essential oil?